martes, 5 de enero de 2021

Television - Tom Verlaine

Hablé con un hombre
Abajo, en las vías.
Le pregunté
Cómo no se vuelve loco.
Él dijo: "Mire joven, no estés tan feliz.
Y por amor de Dios, no puedes estar tan triste. "



Marquee Moon de Tom Verlaine

(Verlaine)

I remember
How the darkness doubled
I recall
Lightning struck itself.
I was listening
Listening to the rain
I was hearing
Hearing something else.
Life in the hive puckered up my night,
The kiss of death, the embrace of life.
There I stand b'neath the Marquee Moon. Just waiting,
Hesitating...
I ain't waiting
I spoke to a man
Down at the tracks.
I asked him
How he don't go mad.
He said 'Look here junior, don't you be so happy.
And for Heaven's sake, don't you be so sad.'
Well a Cadillac
It pulled out of the graveyard.
Pulled up to me
All they said get in.
Then the Cadillac
It puttered back into the graveyard.
And me,
I got out again.

*-*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario